Overall Questions

What is CEL?

CEL Kosovo offers legal assistance including: video Legal advice
Accompanying victims of violence to the police station,
prosecution and / or court
Advocating with law enforcement officials
Referral to NGOs and other lawyers providing legal services
Referral to the Ombudsman

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersexwho can be:
Survivors of Domestic Violence
Survivors of sexual assault
Hate Crimes
Victims of Discrimination
Victims of Trafficking
Persons with employment disabilities; self-employment and professional development

In case you have a legal issue that we cannot help with and you cannot pay for a lawyer; we can give you contact information for attorneys who offer free counseling.

If you are concerned about the work of the police, in particular the actions of a particular police officer or a civil servant working for the police, you can file a complaint directly with the police inspectorate. If the police acted unprofessionally, as assigned to you because you belong to a particular community, you can file a complaint and the inspectors will investigate. If they find that there has been a violation, then the individual or group responsible will be sanctioned. You can file a complaint by contacting the police inspectorate directly, either in person or in writing at the address below. They will begin a formal investigation within 14 days of receiving your complaint and complete the case within three months. Alternatively, you can also file a written complaint with the Ministry of Internal Affairs, or by going directly to any police station. The complaint will then be forwarded to the police inspectorate, unless considered a misdemeanor, in which case it will be handled directly by the police professional standards unit.
If you feel that you have been abused or discriminated against by police officers or civil servants because of your sexual orientation and / or gender identity, please let us know as well. We as an organization are working towards an inclusive society and responsible institutions - so it is very important to be aware of these works.
Contact information
Kosovo Police Inspectorate, Str. Tirana, (formerly Bridge Building), +381 (0) 38 213 388, 213 798, Prishtina

In order to make our work as efficient as possible, appointments are needed in many cases. If you do not want to meet us but still want to report a case, please click here.

After the initial consultation, you may be eligible for ongoing legal assistance from CEL. On the other hand, depending on the nature of the case, you may be referred to a private lawyer, or to a non-legal service provider. In some cases, clients are only given legal advice; and others are offered more help. Ongoing assistance and / or legal representation is only available to those who cannot afford a private lawyer. All CEL services are free of charge.

CEL operates according to the following principles:
Respect for victims

Should I make an appointment for a consultation?

Ask any questions